Northeast Elementary School
425 Winthrop Drive,
Ithaca, NY 14850
Liddy Coyle, Principal
Main Office: 257-2121
School Fax: 257-8157
Kids Count: 257-9400
Stay Informed by Joining the Northeast PTA Listserv!
To join, click on the link, northeastpta-subscribe@
yahoogroups.com, and type "Please add me to the PTA listserv." in the subject line, mention your child's name and grade in the body, and the administrator will add your email address to our list.
2018/19 Enrichment Fall 2018 Enrichment Class Schedule
Fall 2018 Enrichment Registration
Registration will be open September 23 – 29"Bugs are cool!" and "Microbits" start the week of October 8; all other classes start the week of October 15. Most classes will run through the week of November 26. Make up classes may continue in December. (See the Class Schedule for detailed information.)
PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING POLICIES AND PROCEDURES.The NE Enrichment Program is sponsored by the Northeast PTA.All participants must abide by the following guidelines and complete the registration form carefully. Incomplete Registration Forms will not be accepted!
Enrichment Participant Guidelines:
- Children will be sent home per instructions provided on the registration form.
- All children must be picked up from their enrichment teacher at 3:05pm, or in the front lobby. Please be on time to pick up your child! The enrichment program supervisors are not babysitters!
- No Refunds will be given unless the class is cancelled.
- If a child is disruptive, parents are late in picking up child, or payment is delinquent, the teacher has the authority to dismiss the child and no refund will be given.
- In the event of teacher illness, a school announcement will be made, parents and guardians will be contacted by phone, and children will be sent home as directed on the registration form.
- If your child will be attending school but will be absent from an enrichment class, please notify the school office at 607-257-2121, so we know that your child is accounted for and no time is lost searching for absent children.
- If your child has any special needs, please notify the enrichment teacher prior to enrollment. (You may call one of the enrichment coordinators if you need help contacting an enrichment teacher.)
- Enrichment classes are optional. Students do best in classes that are jointly selected by the parent and child.
- Registration is online only. If anyone is unable to complete the online form, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Melissa Hubisz at 607 345-9417.
- Registration does NOT guarantee a spot in a class. Do not send in money until requested. Registration will be open for one week, after which time there will be a lottery to determine enrollment. You will be notified which class(es) your child is in within a couple days of registration closing.
- Send in a payment AFTER receiving confirmation that your child has been enrolled in a class (after the lottery has been performed). You will receive an email telling you which classes your child is in. The email will include payment instructions. Make checks out to "Northeast PTA". You may combine checks for multiple classes or children from the same family but PLEASE include a note indicating which classes/children you are paying for. Please be aware, it may take up to 2-3 weeks before your check is banked.
- Scholarships are available. If you qualify for free lunch, the fee is $15 plus the supply fee. If you qualify for reduced lunch, the fee is half the listed fee plus the full supply fee. There is only one scholarship per child per enrichment session, so if a child takes two classes, the second one would be full price.
- The new lottery system allows you to choose several classes and rank them in order of preference. You may choose up to three classes, and also indicate the total number of classes you would like to be enrolled in (this is usually one or two). Choosing multiple classes does not hurt your chance of getting into your first-choice class. Children who do not get into their first-choice class will receive preference for their second-choice class, before any other child is enrolled in multiple classes. You may rank multiple classes on the same day; the system will only enroll your child in at most one class per day.